Stamper Jill can’t wait for the answers to last week’s Banana Quiz, so here they are:
- What country grows bananas but does not import or export any? Australia.
- The plant bananas grow on is not a tree. It is actually classified as what? An herb, related to lilies and orchids,
- How and when were bananas introduced to the U.S.? At the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition, bananas were wrapped in foil and sold for 10 cents.
- Which country produces the most bananas? India,
- Where was the banana split invented? In Latrobe, Pennsylvania, in 1904.
That’s the name of an article in the latest issue of Thrivent magazine. There are four “fixes” to a “healthier, happier and more energetic life.” You would expect tips on exercise, but this short list also suggested stretching for flexibility, breathing efficiently, and unleashing your creativity. Expressing yourself in some artistic way can help you “enhance physical, mental and emotional well-being; reduce stress; increase self-awareness and achieve insight,” according to an art therapy authority. Gee — could my stamp supplies be deducted as a medical expense?
Dedicate some time this week to stamp your art out!
Connie was the winner of my first-ever blog candy give-away in celebration of the start of this blog. She wins the Stampin’ Up! camera case. Thanks for playing!
SU! Designer Series Camera Case
I’m starting off the New Year with a giveaway! To enter, leave a comment on this post by 9 PM CST on Wednesday, January 7th, and you’ll be entered into a random drawing to receive the item pictured at right. Be sure to check back to see if you’ve won! Sorry, I can only ship to the U.S.
This Stampin’ Up! camera case is in the SU! Maine Blueberry Designer Series Paper pattern with contrasting lining, has a zippered back pocket for memory cards, a Velcro tab to hold your camera in the case, and a wrist strap. It fits “most” cameras (but not my Canon A620, which has a hand grip in front). It’s fabulous!