Stamper Jill can’t wait for the answers to last week’s Banana Quiz, so here they are:
- What country grows bananas but does not import or export any? Australia.
- The plant bananas grow on is not a tree. It is actually classified as what? An herb, related to lilies and orchids,
- How and when were bananas introduced to the U.S.? At the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition, bananas were wrapped in foil and sold for 10 cents.
- Which country produces the most bananas? India,
- Where was the banana split invented? In Latrobe, Pennsylvania, in 1904.